- This event has passed.
Smart Start Your Business 101 – Legal, financial & insurance business questions!
May 11, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Corridor Region SBDC presents Smart Start Entrepreneur 101, this is a 4 hour workshop with three individual parts. This workshop is highly recommended for new start-up businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs. This course is taught by an Attorney, CPA , and Commercial Insurance professional.
You’ll be trained by 3 professionals that would normally cost you $150-$350/hr. (Rate is discounted for attendees)
You will learn how to:
- Legally define your business as a sole proprietorship, LLC, Corp. etc. and all the advantages and disadvantages of each. You’ll also learn how to register your business name,
- The CPA will discuss the balance sheet, income statement, and profit and loss statements. The CPA will also explore how to keep proper financial records and report business taxes.
- The insurance professional will assess with insurance requirements needed to safeguard your business and personal assets.
- Guest banker will attend.
- You will also learn about the valuable resources offered by the Small Business & Technology Development Center. Knowledge is power in the business arena. Learn how to avoid common pitfalls, explore the feasibility of your idea, and increase chances for success!